Video as a content format has become an integral part of our private and professional lives. Its relevance can be seen in the fact that the consumption of online videos has steadily increased over the last few years in almost all age groups. This process was significantly accelerated by the development around the COVID-19 pandemic and the increasing user numbers in social media portals as well as video streaming providers such as YouTube, TikTok or Netflix. According to a study published in 2022, 87% of all internet users in Germany regularly stream videos – and the trend is rising.
Due to this development, video and video marketing are becoming increasingly important not only for B2C but also for B2B companies. With video, internal and external target groups can be addressed much more efficiently and emotionally.
“Seeing is Believing” – Already a picture says more than 1000 words, a video can furthermore transport much more content even more effectively. In the end, it is much easier to create trust, provided that the videos are relevant to your target group and professionally produced.
In this article, we want to show you how you can use videos in your company to achieve your goals and how you can optimally play them out to your target groups.
What are the advantages of videos?
Videos have important advantages over other formats, which illustrate the decisive importance this content format can also have in corporate communication. Whether as a tool for customer acquisition or as a means of onboarding new employees. The purposes and use cases are many.
Address target groups directly
With the help of videos, you can address your internal and external target groups directly and efficiently on an emotional, personal level. Communicate extensive and complex issues, such as the presentation of your products and services, to your stakeholders in a visual, interesting way.
Create trust and build long-term customer relationships
Professional, informative videos create trust with the target groups, as moving images with sound have a significantly greater emotional impact than text alone. In this way, customers can be addressed in a much more personal way and thus be bound to the company in the long term.
Videos are measurable and can be used in any way
Depending on the platform or distribution channel where you publish your videos, there are different ways to track the performance of your videos, the behaviour of your users and the interaction with your content. By measuring success, you can generate valuable insights that show you which and how many people consume your videos and which formats are well received or less well received by your target groups. In addition, videos can be used in a variety of ways to help you achieve your business and marketing goals.
What can companies use videos for?
In the following, we would like to show you some more well-known uses of videos in internal and external corporate communication, which represent only a small part of the almost infinite possibilities.
- E-learning and knowledge transfer: Videos are suitable for interactive, entertaining and efficient knowledge transfer, which is why they are ideal for internal employee training, further education and onboarding. The combination of images and audio is significantly more interesting and memorable for recipients than pure text sequences.
- Internal communication: Furthermore, videos can be used to communicate company-relevant information such as internal news, speeches or even Christmas greetings at the end of the year in a more emotional way. This can be done, for example, in the form of a direct address by the management to the staff.
- Employer branding: A now widespread use of videos is employer branding, i.e. the development of an employer brand in order to be able to position oneself sustainably on the competitive market of employee recruitment and retention. For example, videos on corporate culture, staff, history or the application process can provide exciting insights, which on the one hand can convince potential candidates and on the other hand can bind employees who have already been hired to the company and the brand.
- Image improvement and branding: Analogous to the use case of employer branding, videos can generally lead to an image enhancement and an improvement of your brand awareness. Transparent, authentic communication using moving images generates emotions and has a positive effect on the attitude of stakeholders towards your company and your brand(s).
- Product communication: Documentation and descriptions of complex products often consist of several thousand words and are therefore not very attractive for your interested parties and potential customers. An interactive, animated product video can convey the most important information in a short time and therefore offers a higher potential of a purchase by the recipient.
Which platforms are suitable for publishing videos?
In addition to the complex production of professional videos, the target group-specific distribution of videos is a major challenge for companies. Video sharing providers such as YouTube and Vimeo are affordable in their basic functions and can generate high reach and findability, but offer only limited opportunities to use the platform for one’s own branding. In addition, there are significant disadvantages in terms of data protection and access restrictions, which is why the introduction of an in-house video platform is worthwhile for companies of all sizes.
Using video platform solutions like VIMP offers unbeatable advantages for your company: not only can the platform’s interface be completely customised to your corporate design, but full control over your data and GDPR-compliant guidelines also ensure maximum security standards. Furthermore, you can use VIMP as a central media asset management system (DAM/MAM) in your company and thus structure all files, that are stored on different computers or servers in a confusing manner, via a central media administration and control the release of these files.
Improve your internal and external corporate communication easily with VIMP and benefit from a closer and long-term relationship between customers, employees and the company.
Would you like to learn more about the implementation possibilities within VIMP? Then please use our contact form or contact us by phone at +49 (0) 89 1200 1020.