ViMP Installation Service
Let us take care of the complete installation process of your ViMP platform.
ViMP installation service includes the following:
- Preparation of your server
- Installation of the purchased ViMP software
- Installation of required transcoding tools
In order to install ViMP remotely on your server, we need the following:
- SSH access to your server (preferably root)
- Pre-installed hosting (Apache + MySQL/MariaDB)
We recommend Linux as OS. An installation under UNIX, BSD or Windows is possible, but not officially supported.
Minimum server requirements to install ViMP:
- Version 2.2 or 2.4 recommended
- mod_rewrite must be enabled
- Version 5.5.x, 5.6.x, 7.0.x
- GD library, Mcrypt, cURL, MySQL, mbstring, MySQLi, PDO, pdo_mysql and XSL extensions must be installed
- PHP CLI (Command Line Interface) must be installed
- MySQL: At least version 5.0
- MariaDB: At least version 10.0
- InnoDB must be installed
Our minimum server recommendation is as follows:
- Quad Core Processor or better
- 8 GB RAM (better 16 GB or more)
- 500 GB hard disc space (the actual capacity needed depends on the number of media)
For additional data security, we recommend using a RAID controller.