System requirements for ViMP
- You need a dedicated or virtual server with root permissions to install ViMP.
- We recommend Linux as OS. An installation under UNIX, BSD or Windows is possible, but not officially supported.
- We recommend to not use Plesk.
The following software is required to run ViMP
- Version 2.2 or 2.4 recommended
- mod_rewrite must be enabled
- Version 5.3.x, 5.4.x, 5.5.x, 5.6.x (as of ViMP 3.1.3)
- GD library, Mcrypt, cURL, MySQL, mbstring, MySQLi, PDO, pdo_mysql and XSL extensions must be installed
- PHP CLI (Command Line Interface) must be installed
- At least version 5.0
- InnoDB must be installed
The transcoding tools should be installed exactly as described in the documentation. Due to patent protections it's not sufficient to install the default packages.
- additional codecs
Our minimum recommendation is as follows:
- Quad Core Processor or better
- 8 GB RAM (better 16 GB or more)
- 500 GB Hard disc space (the actual capacity needed depends on the number of media)
For additional data security, we recommend using a RAID controller.
Please note that the power of vServers can vary a lot, even if the above recommendations seem to be fulfilled. Thus we cannot give a general recommendation for virtual servers here.